Louisville, KY | Feb 1, 2018
The CAD Design Draftsman shall be fully proficient in the use of AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office. The individual works with Project Engineers and Project Managers to establish project requirements; prepares detailed drawing packages for shop fabrication and field construction of industrial food production facilities, involving food processing equipment, piping, electrical and general arrangements. This person also prepares support documentation for review (such as bill of material). This is a salaried, exempt position.
- Generate construction drawings based system layout concepts.
- Coordinate effectively with project engineers on design concepts.
- Review specifications to ensure compliance of designs.
- Coordinate and independently manage site work when needed.
Reports to the Design Engineering Manager. Independently performs assignments with instructions as to the general results expected. Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems. Receives supervisory approval of project deliverables during the duration of assignments.
- The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in preparation of drawings for shop fabrication or field construction.
- Associates Degree in a mechanical drafting or engineering discipline.
- Previous experience in a design role.
- Experience in field work.
- Sound basic mathematical skills required.
- Proficient in reading and understanding Architectural, Mechanical drawings.
- 85% of the position will be sitting at a CAD station using AutoCAD software.
- Possibility of up to 20% travel.
- Must be highly organized, creative, thorough, detail oriented, and focused on quality work.
- Good communication skills are needed. Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees and clients at all levels. Professionalism.
- Must have the ability to complete assignments within time frame specified by the engineering team.
- Assist in problem solving within a teamwork setting.
- Certification and /or proven capabilities that demonstrate an advanced mastery of design methodology.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check.