Senior Project Manager- multiple loctions
Louisville, KY | Jul 28, 2017
Project Manager with overall responsibility for technical, schedule, and budget deliverables on projects. Develop client relationships to promote continuing / future project work opportunities. May function as a fully competent engineer in all conventional aspects of their engineering discipline. Significant experience in food and/or beverage production, processing, and packaging systems design and implementation is required. This is a salaried, exempt position.
Reports directly to the local Office General Manager. Independently performs assignments with instructions as to the general results expected. Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems. Receives supervisory approval of project deliverables during the course of implementation.
Responsibilities include overseeing project management for food and beverage sector projects from scope development through client acceptance. May function as a Project Engineer or Discipline Lead on projects. Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates detailed phases of the project execution through client acceptance and closeout.
- Responsible for overall project delivery (safety, scope, cost, budget, quality, information management, client acceptance, and closeout) on project assignments.
- Responsible for building and maintaining internal and external relationships to ensure collaboration, cooperation, and communication throughout the project.
- Ensure projects are executed in compliance with InLine Engineers and/or Client workflow and design standards, and are accomplished on time and within budget.
- Leads the schedule, design, and cost estimate review process for assigned projects.
- Manages the development of execution plans and manages installation through startup activities.
- Assists in the competitive bidding process for the procurement of equipment and construction, including conducting pre-bid and post-bid meetings.
- Manages project engineers, construction administrators, and/or contractors during various phases of project executions.
- Responsible gate keeper for technical content or review of technical content with subject matter expert(s).
- Function as a discipline lead or technical expert on applicable projects.
Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Engineering preferred from an ABET accredited curriculum, or equivalent combination of food engineering experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Professional Engineer License or EIT certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of 10 years related experience with at least 5 years in project management required.
- Ability to perform as a technical lead in mechanical, process, electrical, or packaging engineering discipline.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Must have proficiency with MS Project.
- PMP Certification required within two years of being hired.
- Good facilitator with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attentiveness to detail, follow-up procedures, and documentation of action.
- Travel is required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Typical Professional Attainments
Member of Professional Society or Technical Societies is desirable.