Project Engineer - Electrical: Louisville, Cincinnati, Atlanta offices!
Atlanta, GA | Jul 28, 2017
Serving as a fully competent engineer in all conventional aspects of a key Engineering discipline, plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard techniques and criteria. Significant experience in food and/or beverage processing and packaging systems design and implementation. The Project Engineer shall assist in the completion of internal and external projects. As a Project Engineer, our goal is to provide opportunities to work with our design group and Project Managers to perform mechanical design and assist in the successful completion of projects for our valued clients. This is a salaried, exempt position.
The Project Engineer reports to the General Manager of the local office. Independently performs assignments with instructions as to the general results expected. He or she receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems. He or she receives supervisory approval of project deliverables during the course of implementation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with Project Management, design team, CAD department, vendors and clients to determine needs and solutions, process/packaging tolerances and specifications.
- Creates and reviews layout drawings, block flow diagrams, and P&ID drawings for client projects.
- Performs on-site audits and surveys of the customer’s facilities and equipment.
- Prepares contractor bid packages for project equipment, components, and installations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Handles lead engineering discipline as a member of a Project Team.
- Satisfy the customer by completing the defined Scope of Work in timely fashion.
- Travel required.
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Technical Writing
- Project Management
- Mechanical Drafting
- Computer Aided Design
- 5+ years general industry experience, food and beverage experience a plus
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Engineering preferred from an ABET accredited curriculum
- Prior drafting experience required
- Prior experience with MS Outlook, MS Project, MS Excel and MS Word
- PE status is a plus
Typical Professional Attainments:
- Member of Professional Society or Technical Societies is desirable.