Senior Electrical Engineer/ Project Lead
Louisville, KY | Jul 28, 2017
As a fully competent engineer in all conventional aspects of Electrical Engineering, plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation, and modification of standard techniques and criteria. Experience in processing, production, and packaging systems design and implementation is a plus. This is a salaried, exempt position.
Reports to the Director/General Manager of the local office. Independently performs assignments with instructions as to the general results expected. Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems. Receives supervisory approval of project deliverables during the course of implementation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
May be assigned as Discipline Lead, Project Lead, Design Engineer, or Project Engineer. Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work. Performs work which involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and difficult coordination requirements.
Work requires knowledge of precedents in Electrical Engineering and a good knowledge of principles and practices of food and/or beverage processing. May support construction and commissioning on projects. Help others as needed to meet department and company goals. This may require working overtime and weekends. Meets requirements of “Expectations of a lead engineer” when assigned to a project lead role.
- Collaborates with Project Management, design team, CAD department, vendors and clients to determine needs and solutions, process/packaging tolerances and specifications.
- Creates and reviews layout drawings, block flow diagrams, and P&ID drawings for client projects.
- Performs on-site audits and surveys of the customer’s facilities and equipment.
- Prepares contractor bid packages for project equipment, components, and installations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Satisfy the customer by completing the defined Scope of Work in timely fashion.
- Travel required.
Responsibility for Direction of Others:
As Discipline Lead or Project Lead, plans, organizes, and supervises the work of a staff of engineers and technicians; evaluates progress of the staff and results obtained; estimates manpower needs, schedules, and assigns work to meet completion dates and budgets. As engineer, may supervise or coordinate the work of others. In a supervisory role, is responsible for safety, quality, budget, and schedule results of the team with respect to office objectives. May lead commissioning activities.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proficient in Electrical Engineering & Design
- Knowledge of Electrical Codes and Standards
- Proficient in MS Outlook, MS Excel, and MS Word
- Proficiency in MS Project (preferred)
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Technical Writing
- Computer Aided Design experience (preferred)
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field from an ABET accredited curriculum, or equivalent.
- Experience in processing and packaging systems. 3 years with PE License, 5 with EIT, or 7 without.
- Field assignments totaling at least 12 months in duration are required as part of the total experience.
Typical Professional Attainments:
Member of Professional Society or Technical Societies is desirable.